Friday, February 16, 2007

They Couldn't, Could They?

If you taped Grey's Anatomy and don't want to know what happened, stop reading immediately.

Otherwise, is anyone else doubtful that one of the hottest shows on TV is going to kill off the lead (and title) character?

Note that I've said doubtful, because Meredith Grey spent most of the hour in the frigid waters of Puget Sound. Then she spent the rest of the show not breathing on her own, with a body temperature of 81 or thereabouts and in the final minute of the show, she flatlined.

Instead of ending the show with a flatlined Meredith, we see Meredith with Denny and the policeman who was blown up in that terrific cliff-hanger last season. When she asks if she's dead, Denny answers "Damn right you are."

Ok so anybody want to weigh in with thoughts on whether or not they've really killed off Meredith? I can't stand the suspense.

Oh, and if they do, will they have to rename the show?

UPDATE: Just spent some time checking other blog posts on this episode. Now I'm convinced that Meredith is dead because everyone seems to think that it's against the rules of TV to kill off a character like Mer......could this be the time for the show to finally break some new ground?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO WAY she's dead and I'm guessing the writers will use the low body temp to justify the lack of brain damage and how she wasn't dead.

Meredith Gray is one of the most self-absorbed, childish leads on TV and I can't get enough of her.

Wasn't Dempsey brilliant last night? You didn't mention it, but his acting was fab.

Anonymous said...

I agree with that mcdreamy's acting was dreamy.
I think Meredith will be revived after she spends some time in the afterlife.
This might be the vehicle to make her less self centered.

Anonymous said...

I'm in tatters about this. On the one side it's against all good tv judgement to kill off a really popular character, but it's also a way to break out. I really don't know what they'll do, and that's the first time I didn't know what would happen on this show. I knew Denny would die, George's father would die, George and Callie would get back together and get engaged right away. I knew that Meredith wasn't pregnant.I don't know if she's dead. Could someone else die and Meredith not die?

Starfish said...

I will bet that Meredith will NOT die. I loved McDreamy rescuing her twice, that's a statement. To slap Chritina's self-absorbed pouty face would have been pleasurable. The drill was abit much but proved a great story line. Everything was so pivotal in the show. I could speak of every character in a pivotal moment. Meredith needs to go to the next level, this must be how it is done. Nice to see the bomb guy again.Say Callie O'Malley 3X without smiling.

Anonymous said...

Did you notice that the bomb guy is the coach in Friday Night Lights?

Starfish said...

No, I didn't. I'll watch Friday Night Lights to see if I love the bomb guy or the actor!

mainelife said...

Whew. I'm so happy that the esteemed panel agrees that Meredith can't be dead.

Starfish-Friday Night Lights is a great show and the bomb guy is great as the coach. Warning-it's about football, not hockey. Sorry.

McDreamy was great, great, great. I'm also starting to love Kate Walsh as Addison--I think she's been fabulous this season.