Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A Real Reason to Stop Global Warming

Global Warming, Climate Change, call it what you will. All I know is that we've got two inches (barely two I should add) of snow on the ground and it's February in Maine.

We watched An Inconvenient Truth the other night (pay per view--another Mainely Entertainment that does not involve leaving the house) and were sufficiently convinced by Mr. Gore's data and statistics that this stuff is real. We're worried about the impact on low-lying countries, water supplies and farm lands and we especially worried about the polar bear. We'd already started to reduce our carbon footprint before seeing the movie---and we're so glad that we did.



Now I find this article:: Climate change could crush wine industry the headline reads....

OK--this is a real crisis. I'm going to have to ask each of you to jump in and help out here. No California Chardonnay? No Old Vine Zinfandel? What would we do?

A little recyling, a few energy efficient light bulbs to save the wine industry. It's not too much to ask is it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any information on how this affects the hops crops?
You can count me in if it affects beer production.

Do you really believe this stuff? I think its allot of liberal hooey.

mainelife said...

Ah, Bucky. I don't think it's a political issue. The denial of it has become political, I believe
Regardless, you know I've started leaning lefter and lefter recently, right? ;)