Monday, January 8, 2007

It's GO Time, Baby

Apologies if you've come in search of tidbits about Maine or a recipe or anything but Ohio State football.

Today is all OSU Buckeyes, all the time. Non-blogging time is being spent lying on the couch in my Ohio State Hoodie, wearing my Woody cap watching (in this order) the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, the 2005 Ohio State Michigan game, the 2006 Ohio State Michigan Game and some selected YouTube videos such as:
6-0
Boom
Troy Smith for Heisman
15 Top Plays.

How will it end? I don't know. I don't have a great feeling about this game. Why? Well first off, we've had so many happy endings recently it's almost time for karma to catch up to us; then there's the fact that Troy has always lived up to that big game expectation. He's only human and how many of these can he string together?; then, as everyone tells us, Florida stands no chance against us; and that only serves to put a big chip on their shoulder pad and a bullseye on our jerseys; add to the list that Lllloyd isn't coaching the Gators; and finally, OSU's record vs. SEC teams is abysmal. It does not look good, does it?

On the other side: I am a superstitious ex-athlete. I watched (or rather listened to) the second half of the 2003 Fiesta Bowl with my cheek pressed against the cool tiles of my bathroom floor, having caught the nasty flu bug that was racing through the Nasty. There's a 97.7% chance that I'll also be listening to (unless we move a TV into the bathroom) the 2007 National Championship Game with my cheek pressed against the cool tiles of the bathroom floor, having caught the nasty flu bug that was racing through our National Sales Meeting last week. So that's a plus.
Ohio State is 3-0 in games that I don't have a good feeling about this season. Another plus.
Then, we have Tressel. Triple HUGE plus.
Finally, even if Troy doesn't have his best game, he seems to find a way to win. Now I feel better.


Prediction: OSU 34-21 (21 cuz Florida cannot kick a field goal)

No comments: