Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rhubarb Berry Pie


A la Elise. I followed the recipe exactly as she posted it, except all the berries and the rhubarb were fresh. Next time I make it, I'll cut back just a bit on the blackberries and the strawberries, as the pie turned out extra juicy, as you can see. Th

I did use the 3/4 cup of sugar, and I gave up on the lattice crust after three failed attempts. While this pie won't win any beauty contests, Retired Guy has announced it's the best rhubarb pie he's ever eaten (even better than the rhubarb strawberry with crumb topping that I usually make). Even with pie, it's what's inside that counts.

2 comments:

Margaret Porter said...

It looks delicious!
How was your barbecue?

mainelife said...

The burger-fest was wonderful. We did a smorgasboard of burgers. It was great fun. (thanks for asking).