Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Link Fest

1) Monica Goodling, testified before the House Judiciary Committee, and admitted that she violated Federal Law--but it's ok folks. She didn't mean to do anything bad:

But she admitted to have considered applicants for jobs as career prosecutors based on their political loyalties -- a violation of federal law.

''I may have gone too far, and I may have taken inappropriate political considerations into account on some occasions,'' Goodling said. ''And I regret those mistakes.''

Rep. Bobby Scott, D-Va., hammered Goodling on her decisions to hire prosecutors who favored Republicans.

''Do you believe they were illegal or legal?'' Scott asked.

''I don't believe I intended to commit a crime,'' Goodling, a lawyer, answered.

''Did you break the law? Is it against the law to take those considerations into account?'' Scott said.

''I believe I crossed the line, but I didn't mean to,'' she responded

2) Jason Giambi is sorry that he did steroids. We'll have to wait to see if he's sorry about using speed.

3) An American Self-Portrait. Simply Amazing.

Sorry about the rant below. I feel much better--and it was far cheaper than paying a shrink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monica Goodling is nothing but a braindead, partisan stooge. Is there NO ONE one at Justice with a modicum of integrity??

(or, for that matter, on the New York Yankees?)

Great new look!