Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Interesting Tidbit

....from the BartBlog....Joe Leiberman is holding a fund-raiser for Susan B. Collins.
Most interesting is this quote:

Not only has Lieberman endorsed Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine.) -- one of Democrats' biggest targets in the 2008 cycle.....
Little Ole' Maine making a "biggest target" for anything? Interesting.

I, personally, like both of our Senators. They both seem to genuinely put Maine interests ahead of party politics. They've both stood up to W. once or twice, but as a good friend likes to remind me, keeping "a Democratic majority in the Senate is crucial to the future of our nation." This should be an interesting election.

2 comments:

Wisdom Weasel said...

Not to blow my own horn, but here;s my take on Snowe and Collins

mainelife said...

Ah, yes. I see the Weasel leans a bit more left than I...give me time, my friend, I'm moving left on a daily basis.
I don't disagree with anything in your post and I fervently agree with your take on our first female Senator.
On the other hand, I like Snowe's ability to compromise and work with the other side. It seems that both parties have lost that fine art over the past decade.