Thursday, March 1, 2007

Surreal

After 12 hours of travel, I'm now less than two miles from these cool cats. But I haven't left the continental United States.

While making a connection, we were delayed for two hours in a raging snow storm. According to my body clock, it was 2 am and the blowing snow juxtaposed with the clam diggers, flip flops and deep tans most passengers were wearing made me pinch myself once or twice. I fell into bed at the hotel at just about the time I should be getting up.

At home, just as we're spotting robins listening for earthworms (on that small patch of grass not still covered by snow) and chipmunks foraging in the woodpile, Retired Guy is preparing for a snowstorm of 6-8 inches. By the time I return home on Sunday morning, temperatures will be in the 40's.

Oh, I'm here. Connection was here.
My internet connection is being provided from here. Now that's completely surreal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to travel for work three weeks a month. At first it was an adventure then it was a grind. Surreal events like you describe started being nightmares and I couldn't take it anymore. I got a new job.
I travel twice a year now and I've never been happier.