Monday, July 23, 2007

Red Sox Nation Has Two New Citizens

If you happen to be watching the Red Sox playing the Indians tonight, watch for two cute blonde kids behind the dugout on the 3rd base line. They'll be wearing Red Sox T shirts. One is my 13-year old nephew and the other is his good friend. My nephew has always been a bright boy, but this shocks even me.

My family are all dyed in the wool, life-long Indians fans and my defection to Red Sox Nation has caused no end of dismay and garment rending, and much ridicule from my brother, who once uttered "When will you start rooting for Michigan, you turn coat?" They even considered sending me to a detox program to try to get it out of my system. Poor boy is in for a lot of peer pressure, but being right isn't always easy.

Go Sox, and go get 'em, Jon. It's good to have you back on the mound.

UPDATE: The nephew reports in via text message: Ya! Big papi pointed at me and he and Dice-K threw a ball to me and one to Conner.

It's always good to be a member of Red Sox Nation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the defectors and they saw a GREAT GAME!! They were in good company as it seems half of the Jake was Sox fans!

FYI, my best friend and rabid Sox fan for many years now is a defector from the Evil Empire, and still lives in western NY...