Pretty standard fare for an early December day in Maine:
- We have the ever-less-rare-battle over beach access. Most Mainahs will sniff and tell you it's them christly folks from away who cause all the ruckus.
- We have the global warming story (cleverly disguised as a snowmaking article)
- We have the announcement of the latest book on lighthouse keepers.
- We have the almost daily for this time of year story that I hate the most. Seriously, this might be Freakonomics playing a role, but it seems that Maine has far more than the fair share of house fires every year.
- We have the on-going Poland Springs coverage. Poland Springs wants to send more of their water goodness to people who want it, but figuring out a way to do that without upsetting life as it should be isn't easy.