Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gosh Darn You, Al

Because of An Inconvenient Truth, I'm now driving an ugly little box of a car.

Ok, it's not totally Al's fault. Part of it might have to do with the price (23k); the gas mileage (60 around town--verified by my two tree hugging friends who already own them) and the fact that we had to get a new car (lease is up on the Pathfinder), but a lot of it has to do with my husband's conversion to greenie, tree-hugging environmentalist after he saw the movie.

I grudgingly admit to feeling good about conserving energy (we've changed every light bulb in the house to CFL's), and I love the price tag, but for a girl who loves cars, the aesthetics of this one leave me with a face of distaste.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a Prius, but I'm waiting for them to come up in the "pre-owned" lots!

mainelife said...

You are wise. Toyota of portsmouth has two used on the lot. They are in great shape, and we almost bought one, but they were both 2004's and from everything I've read, the 2006 and ups have much better technology.

Anonymous said...

Darling. I am sooo, sooo sorry.
that is NOT a car for a driver. I don't care how many miles it gets per gallon, it has zero, ZERO handling, driving appeal. Me, I'll just continue planting more trees and recycling. We all have to choose are green battles.

Wisdom Weasel said...

You do realize however that among the young bemuscled college educated young blades you have just raised your "yummy mummy" quotient?

mainelife said...

Jo I KNEW you'd understand....
And Weasel, thanks for helping me see the glass half full side of this.